Senior Peer Counseling is a one-on-one service provided by trained volunteers in San Mateo County. Volunteers who are good listeners, compassionate, 55 years or older, and able to commit 1 hour a week to helping others are needed.
As a volunteer you receive FREE training and professional support, while you offer confidential emotional support, encouragement and understanding for one hour a week to older adults facing challenges such as loneliness, depression, grief, disability, illness, isolation from family & friends, loss and life changes. Support is offered in Cantonese, English, Mandarin, Spanish, Tagalog, and to the LGBTQ community.
- Training in English: May 2 –June 7, every Tuesday and Wednesday morning from 9 am – 12 noon
- Training in Spanish: April 29-June 3, every Wednesday from 6-9 PM and Saturday 9 am – 12 noon
For more information or to register, please call or email:
- Geri Lustenberg 650-403-4300 Ext.4389 or email@example.com
- For Spanish: Victoria Valencia 650-403-4300 Ext.4321 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Chinese: Helen Tsui 650-403-4300 Ext. 4392 or email@example.com
- For LGBTQ: Ellyn Bloomfield 650-403-4300 Ext. 4383 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our OPEN HOUSE for refreshments and discussion to find out more.
- English Language: Tuesday April 18th , 1pm – 2pm, Peninsula Family Service, 24 Second Avenue, San Mateo 94401
- Spanish Language: Friday April 28th , 11am – 1pm, Fair Oaks Activity Center, 2600 Middlefield Road, Redwood City 94063