The next Board member election is scheduled for November 2018. There will be three open positions for four year terms that take effect in January of 2018. Interested parties should contact the San Mateo County Board of Elections for filing information.
- Sequoia Healthcare District has a five-member Board of Directors. Members must run for election and are elected by the residents of the District.
- The term once elected is for four years and there is no limit to the number of terms.
- Prospective Board members must be at least 18 years of age and must be District residents.
- Board members do not receive cash for their service however the District does pay health insurance benefits of up to $1,500 a month for member and family minus 10% to be paid by the member.
- Board members are expected to attend 6 regular Board meetings, occasional special meetings and usually participate on one or more ad-hoc committees as assigned by the Board President.
- All candidates running for office must file a Form 700 Statement of Economic Interest. Candidates must file their Form 700 at the Registration & Elections Division, Office of the Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder, 40 Tower Road in San Mateo.
- The cost of a candidate’s policy statement is to be paid for by the candidate.