In September 2017, the Sequoia Healthcare District Board of Directors adopted a resolution to implement zone elections starting with the November 2018 election. The next Board member election is scheduled for November 2018 for three open positions with four year terms. Candidates must reside in Zones A, C, and E to be eligible to run in 2018.
In 2020, District voters will have an opportunity to elect residents in Zones B and D for two open positions with four year terms.
Click on the enlarge screen icon on the top right corner of the map. Once the screen is enlarged, you can search for an address by clicking on the magnifying glass. This will let you know which District zone the address falls under.
- Sequoia Healthcare District has a five-member Board of Directors. Members must run for election and are elected by the residents of the District.
- The term once elected is for four years and there is no limit to the number of terms.
- Prospective Board members must be at least 18 years of age and must be District residents who reside in the Zones that are up for election.
- Board members do not receive cash for their service however the District does pay health insurance benefits of up to $1,200 a month for member and family minus 10% to be paid by the member.
- Board members are expected to attend 6 regular Board meetings, occasional special meetings and usually participate on one or more ad-hoc committees as assigned by the Board President.
- Interested parties should contact the San Mateo County Board of Elections for filing information. All candidates running for office must file a Form 700 Statement of Economic Interest. Candidates must file their Form 700 at the Registration & Elections Division, Office of the Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder, 40 Tower Road in San Mateo.
- The cost of a candidate’s policy statement is to be paid for by the candidate.