Learn about the legislation in California and access more online resources.
We hope this web site feature is a valuable tool as you learn more about Sudden Cardiac Arrest, CPR, and Automated External Defibrillators. We appreciate your interest and we want to be an excellent resource for you.
Legislative Overview (California)
- Assembly Concurrent Resolution (ACR) 159 Declares September 12th Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Day
- Assembly Bill (AB) 254 Extends Good Samaritan coverage to schools choosing to have an AED & staff that use an AED
- ACR 57 Urges all public k-12 schools to implement AED programs
- AEDs are mandated in schools in: Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia
- AEDs are mandated in fitness facilities in: California, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island
- http://www.ncsl.org/programs/health/aed.htm: a detailed page on State Laws on Heart Attacks, Cardiac Arrest & Defibrillators on the National Conference of Sate Legislature website.
The Sudden Cardiac Arrest Association (SCAA) is an organization singularly focused on sudden cardiac arrest. SCAA identifies and unites survivors, those at risk of sudden cardiac arrest, as well as others who are interested in being advocates on SCAA issues in their communities and beyond. Our membership is dedicated to promoting solutions to prevent sudden cardiac death, including increased awareness, immediate bystander action, public access to defibrillation (PAD), cardiovascular disease prevention, and access to preventative therapies.
Additional helpful links
Our mission is to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. That single purpose drives all we do.
Parent Heart Watch is the national voice protecting youth from Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) and preventable Sudden Cardiac Death (SCD). Parent Heart Watch leads and empowers others by sharing information, educating and advocating for change.- Get your tissues ready.
Provides implementation Services for Automated External Defibrillator Deployment throughout the world.
Mayo Clinic is a non-profit organization and internationally renowned group medical practice headquartered in Rochester, Minnesota.