Sequoia Healthcare District’s Living Healthy workshop made a difference in both my husband’s and my life. It taught me different ways to cope. I am very happy that I took this class with my husband.” — Carol Labarthe
Sequoia Healthcare District’s Living Healthy workshops consist of 7 once-a-week classes covering a wide variety of health issues. Each class lasts 90 minutes and is available free of charge to District residents. The workshops are designed to motivate and provide strategies to anyone who has made a commitment to improving their health. It is an ideal program for those living with, or at risk of developing, a chronic condition or taking care of someone with a chronic condition.
- Wednesdays October 15-November 26, 1pm -2:30pm at Fair Oaks Adult Activity Center: 2600 Middlefield, Redwood City. To register: contact Angelo Pissani either in–person at the center or via email, or call Lee Michelson at 421-2155 ext. 202.
- Thursdays October 9-November 20, 5:30pm-7:00pm at Sequoia Healthcare District Headquarters (525 Veterans Boulevard, Redwood City). A complimentary healthy dinner will be provided. To register: contact Lee Michelson at 421-2155 ext. 202. or firstname.lastname@example.org
Living Healthy classes are led by a professional health educator who encourages participants to share their health concerns and suggestions. Discussions are lively and sometimes very personal but no one is required to share beyond their level of comfort.
Sessions focus on providing tools and a better understanding of the following topics:
(1) managing stress and pain,
(2) engaging in physical activities,
(3) enjoying healthy eating,
(4) engaging in effective communication with healthcare providers, and
(5) improving self-confidence, sleep and memory.
Classes are held at various community settings within the boundaries of the Sequoia Healthcare District and classes are limited to 16 participants.
For more information on upcoming classes call Lee Michelson at 650-421-2155 ext. 202.